Bam Bam Martial Arts Academy Offers Both Beginning And Advanced Jiu Jitsu Classes In Houston.
Jiu-Jitsu is the ultimate martial arts for self-defense! And our classes are the real deal…simple effective self-defense moves that anyone can use to stop larger stronger attackers.
Our unique jiu jitsu program is specially designed to get you “street ready” in the shortest time possible because we focus on teaching you the 36 most important self-defense techniques in a fun, safe, and cooperative environment.
What Is Jiu Jitsu?
Jiu Jitsu (also known as “Brazilian Jiu Jitsu” or just “BJJ” for short) is a martial art which has proven itself effective time and time again through the crucible of live combat. Jiu jitsu evolved from the battle field fighting style of the Samurai and was adapted by the Gracie family in the earliest 20th century into real world fighting system which focuses on strategy, leverage, and positioning rather than size or strength to overcome an attacker.
While jiu jitsu incorporates and trains striking techniques and stand-up grappling, its brilliance is in its unparalleled ground fighting strategy. Today, jiu jitsu is widely regarded as the most effective fighting style for just about anyone. This has been proven time and again through mixed martial arts tournaments and real-world self-defense scenarios.
Why Jiu Jitsu Is The Best Martial Art
Most martial arts and most martial arts schools train static drills against a relatively compliant opponent. One of the key areas of superiority in jiu jitsu is the fact that all of the techniques are PROVEN to work against ACTIVE RESISTANCE of BIGGER and STRONGER opponents. This active resistance is a part of almost every jiu jitsu class and nothing makes a person a more effective martial artist faster than testing your techniques against a person who isn’t just going to comply to your wishes.
Jiu jitsu is always on the hunt for ways to improve the system and is responsive to the needs of self-defense in modern life. It’s focus on strategy over strength, positioning over bull-rushing, and leverage over size can enable even a small person to effectively take down a bad guy by neutralizing their punches and kicks, taking the attacker to the ground, and bringing a swift and safe end to the altercation through the POWERFUL and effective use of pins, chokes, and submission holds.
Three Reasons Why You Should Learn Jiu Jitsu
- Jiu Jitsu Is The Best Martial Art: If you want to know why jiu jitsu is indisputably the best martial art then let history speak for itself. Just do a search on YouTube and you will see that in a fight between a jiu jitsu practitioner and a fighter from any other system, jiu jitsu almost always wins. While devastating, jiu jitsu students also learn how to safely and gently terminate a dangerous confrontation when great force is uncalled for.
- Jiu Jitsu Is Great For Fitness: Everyone is looking for a GREAT way to get in shape and there are few options better than jiu jitsu. Your average one-hour jiu jitsu session includes warm-ups, drills, conditioning, and live-rolling. While every jiu jitsu class lets you set your own pace, and is VERY safe for beginners, all of the workouts add up to over 800-1100 calories per hour! This is not to mention the undeniable toning, strength gains, and balance gained simply by the athlete-making nature of jiu jitsu.
- Training In Jiu Jitsu Is A Lot Of Fun!: Jiu jitsu classes always send you home feeling better, even when you’re sore from the intense workout! What’s amazing about jujitsu is that it combines a runner’s high with the contemplative nature of a chess game. Why? Because jiu jitsu is like a strategy puzzle in which you need to stay a few steps ahead of your opponent. Whether you are someone who simply enjoys physical activity for its own sake or LOVE mental stimulation and growth, Jujitsu is for YOU.
Who Should Train In Jiu Jitsu?
- Men – Jiu Jitsu is perfect for any man who wants to test his resolve by training in the most effective fighting style in the world and pit his skills against someone who might be training harder than him! jiu jitsu pushes you to improve yourself as a man to grow in virtue, physical endurance, and mental toughness. Not only will you become MORE than confident to defend yourself and your loved ones, jiu jitsu will help you become a better person!.
- Women – Jiu Jitsu is great for women because every woman deserves to be the hard-core, battle-ready person that she already is in every other aspect of her life!jiu jitsu is great for women because its strategy is tailored to the small and physically weak. There is NO better way for a woman to protect herself and her children thanjiu jitsu. Moreover,jiu jitsu students are the most helpful and generous people in the world and will never ask you to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Your instructor and fellow students will guide you and care for you as a member of their own family..
- Kids – Jiu Jitsu is the absolute best martial art for kids because it is an ABSOLUTE BLAST and teaches kids safe practices for the gym, school, and home life. One sad fact about childhood is that EVERY child deals with bullies andjiu jitsu offers not only an effective means of self-defense against bullies and bad guys but it also instills a self-confidence in kids which will give them the COURAGE to STAND UP for themselves and for what’s right. Incredibly, jiu jitsu can also be a big help FOR THE BULLY! Why? Jiu jitsu is the BEST ways to instill humility in a person and help them sort out the problems which lead them to be bullies. Recent studies have shown that kids who train in jiu jitsu show a DRAMATIC improvement in areas such as impulse control, attention, focus, problem-solving, coordination, weight control, and friend making. jiu jitsu coaches aren’t just there for sport, they want to help EVERYONE realize the very best version of themselves.
What Is The Best Way To Get Started Training In Jiu Jitsu?
BamBam Marts Arts offers a FREE trial class with world-renowned black belts and champions. To set up your FREE TRIAL CLASS, call now!