I want to talk to you about 42 powerful reasons why your child should master Jiu-Jitsu and, of course, that is signified by black belt.
Introducing Our Leadership Program
And so, this is why your child should commit to black belt training to get the most out of our martial arts program here at Bam Bam martial arts. I’m not even going to talk about all the physical benefits, I’m not going talk about the self-defense and how to do arm locks and chokes. I’m taking all that for granted. I figure you know that already, about the benefits that come from physical expertise. What I want to talk to you about is our leadership program that’s involved with the black belt training. Because we’re not just trying to build kids and make kids better physically, we want to make them better all the way around. It’s a holistic approach. We’re trying to improve their whole life not just become a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu but a black belt in life too.
It Starts With A Basic Program
When kids come into us they start on a basic program and just basic simple self-defense skills and basic character development and the goal there is number one to see if a child likes martial arts. Do they enjoy this? Do the parents like our programs? So it’s a trial for them. It’s also a trial for us. Is this child a good prospect for black belt training? Do they exhibit those characteristics, those requirements needed to move along and get the most out of our martial arts program by committing to black belt? So it’s kind of a trial period for both for us and for the parents and it gives us a chance to see if a kid qualifies for a black belt training. So that’s what that basic program is.
You Kid Qualified, then What?
And if they do qualify for a black belt training and want to get the most out of that then what we tell parents is that we don’t just add on more physical technique. Of course we do, we take the kids through their whole physical Jiu-Jitsu curriculum. But there is so much more that I want to stress to you here in this video and that falls under this category here, our leadership program. So what this really is; it’s a complete personal development and enrichment program. We have a highly structured curriculum. We give out additional character material homework assignments and things like this. And this is just a partial list of the topics that we cover here in this leadership program. But it’s just a partial list. So, it’s really these forty two things plus a whole lot more.
42 Things Your Kids Will Learn
So when your child signs up for a leadership program, in addition to all the physical stuff, we’re going to be teaching them these things:
- We’re going to talk about things like health and nutrition.
- We’re going to teach them how to properly speak in public.
- Logic and critical thinking – that’s one of my personal favorites,
- How to think more critically.
- We’re talking about reading
- Note taking and
- Study skills
- Persuasion skills
- How to build relationships,
- How to build leadership skills,
- How to manage your own interior self-talk – extremely important.
- We’re talking about self-esteem,
- How to be more disciplined, who doesn’t need that?
- How to engage in advance persuasion,
- Group performance
- Time management.
- How to increase one’s mental toughness, build that grit.
- How to manage fear – very important life skill.
- How to deal with failure?
- The Five Keys to wealth and happiness.
- Goal setting. How to do that properly and then do it? So we aren’t just preaching, we’re actually making them go out and build these skills. Top qualities of an effective leader –
- How to develop grit?
- We’re going to teach kids how to take responsibility for success.
- We’re going to teach them team building skills
- Advanced leadership skills
- How to identify their talents
- How to communicate more effectively
- How to develop self-esteem
- How to avoid negative influences. This is huge.
- Developing a positive self-image. This is huge for success. You’ve got to have confidence in yourself. That starts with your self-image, what kind of person am I?
- We talk about how to take responsibility for success.
- We teach kids how to take charge of their life.
- We talk about the power of taking action. I mean, people have great ideas all the time but if you don’t take action nothing’s ever going to come up. You’ve got to get up off the couch and go do something about those great ideas, so, we teach kids that.
- We talk about the power of committing to excellence. The best job security in the entire world is to commit to excellence in your profession whatever it is and we teach kids that at a very early age. Because we’re talking about building skills here, life skills as a habit not just a one shot and done kind of thing.
- We also talk about how to create a personal strategic plan for lifelong success,
- How to develop key success habits
- How to use recall patterns to remember everything you read. I use this skill personally all the time
- How to remember more information easily quickly and effectively
- How to sharpen concentration and comprehension
- The power of setting high standards for yourself
- How to unlock one’s full potential and
- More confidence training for kids.
These are critical life skills. I’m sure you can see the value here. And honestly I don’t know anywhere else in the world where a child can go and learn these things. They don’t teach these things in school. Math, science and arithmetic those things are great, those things are fine. And I highly endorse them but these things are important too. So, if you want your child to get the most out of their life, if you want your child to get the most out of our program here at Bam Bam martial arts I highly encourage you to consider our black belt training and leadership program. I promise you it is the best thing you’ve ever done for your child.